DMACC is open and services are available both in-person and virtually. Appointments are strongly recommended for any in-person service.
Do not come to a DMACC Campus or Center if you answer "YES" to any of the following:
- Do you feel ill, have a new cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing?
- Do you have a fever of 100.4 degrees (regardless of the cause)?
- Do you have a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)?
- Are you or someone in your household awaiting COVID-19 test results due to a confirmed exposure or symptoms?
- Have you been directly exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
Students: Contact your instructor immediately to notify them of the above situations.
Employees: Contact your Supervisors immediately to notify them of the above situations.
Current DMACC COVID Guidance for DMACC Students & Employees (Effective August 11, 2022):
- If COVID positive (no symptoms) isolate for 5 days from test date. Day 6 through 10 wear a mask indoors at all times.
- If COVID positive (symptom development) isolate for 5 days from test date. You may return Day 6 if you are fever free for 24 hours and other symptoms have improved. Wear a mask indoors at all times Day 6 through 10.
- A mask requirement can be shortened IF you have two sequential negative COVID tests that are taken 48 hours apart.
- If exposed (regardless of your vaccination status), no need to quarantine. Wear a mask indoors at all times for 10 days from the most recent exposure date with the CDC recommending a COVID test on day 5 after the most recent exposure date.
- No Incident Report is required for Students or Employees.
Students should work directly with instructors regarding your specific COVID-related situation.
Employees should work directly with supervisor regarding your specific COVID-related situation. If isolating as a result of a positive test, you may have the option for remote work if approved by your supervisor. If you are COVID positive and exhibiting symptoms, sick leave should be entered if you are unable to perform your essential functions remotely. If you enter five or more consecutive days of sick leave, a copy of your positive test will meet the requirement of a physician's note. You can forward a picture of the positive result if you are utilizing an at-home test or the notification received by the service you were tested by. Your test result should be forwarded to Tiffany Marlow in HR Benefits at email@example.com.
DMACC has implemented cleaning and safety efforts to keep students, faculty, staff and visitors to DMACC facilities safe. However, due to the extreme contagious nature of the COVID-19 virus it should NOT be assumed that all risk from COVID-19 will be eliminated. Everyone has to do their part to protect themselves and others.
These DMACC protocols provide an opportunity for the College to monitor and evaluate risk, to a reasonable extent, and to adapt practices to reduce that risk by guidance and direction from the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH), the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other health professionals and experts.