While many of you have heard that effective at 5:00 a.m. on May 15: Fitness Centers may reopen with particular requirements, Trail Point will remain closed until the first week of June.
As defined in Iowa Code § 135I.1, all swimming pools and spas, wading pools, water slides, wave pools, spray pads, and bath houses shall continue to be closed. Kids Zone will also remain closed to protect children and adhere to social distancing specifications and guidance from the Iowa Department of Public Health and the CDC.
There are many factors that go into these decisions, primarily the health and safety of YOU, our members and our employees. DMACC Administration has also made the decision that campuses and centers will not reopen any facilities prior to June 1.
With that being said, we are making plans to reopen the facility the first week of June. When we reopen, we will implement a DAY PASS (for members only) option rather than beginning the standard billing or draft cycle. Your account will not be automatically billed. This will allow those members who may be uncomfortable returning to remain on freeze and not be charged for being a member if they are not utilizing their membership. Detailed information regarding this be communicated soon.
Upon reopening we will comply with the Governor’s requirements:
- Capacity Limitations: We will limit the number of customers present to 50% of its maximum legal occupancy capacity. For Trail Point, this is 100 members at a time. Please be patient with us as we work through these changes.
- Social Distancing: We will ensure that all equipment, such as treadmills, bikes, weight machines, benches, and power racks, are spaced at least six feet apart or take other appropriate measures to ensure that more closely spaced equipment is not used.
- Group Activities: Group Fitness and Team Training will likely be phased back in gradually to ensure we are adhering to class size restrictions and maintaining social distancing guidelines.
- Other social distancing, hygiene, and public health measures: We will implement reasonable measures establishment to ensure social distancing of employees and customers including providing visual reminders to social distance and stay 6 feet away from other individuals. We will have increased hygiene practices ensuring that handwashing and hand sanitizing supplies are readily available to members and staff. We will be abbreviating facility hours and implementing plans for frequent cleaning and sanitizing including designated times for equipment the following most recent CDC guidelines.
We will ask you to please stay home if you are not feeling well or if you have been in close contact with a confirmed case within 14 days. The Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) also recommends the following:
- Any Iowan who is over 65 or who is at higher risk for more serious COVID-19 related illness should continue to stay home as much as possible to protect your health. If you do need to leave your home it’s important to practice good social distancing by staying at least 6 feet away from others and/or wearing a face covering or mask.
- Anyone regardless of age, who has been in close contact with someone who has a confirmed positive case should continue to self-isolate for 14 days.
We appreciate your continued support and we work to ensure the safety of our members and employees. We will continue to update mytrailpoint.com, our Facebook Page, and on this page. If you have not been receiving emails from us, please update your profile within our system.