Cleaning, Sanitizing & Disinfecting Procedures
The following are cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting procedures custodial and facilities staff will be performed on a daily basis.
Common Areas: Restrooms, Hallways, Lobbies, and High Frequency Touch Points
- Entryways, hallways, lobbies, and high frequency touch points such as door handles, light switches, desktops, chairs, lockers, etc. will be disinfected by custodial staff frequently each day.
- Restrooms will be cleaned on a daily basis in all occupied spaces in accordance with the DMACC Astra scheduling system.
Offices/Cubicles and Conference Rooms
- Custodial and facilities staff will perform general cleaning such as vacuuming and emptying of trash.
- Common areas that are in use will be cleaned daily by custodial staff.
- Shared office spaces
- Conference spaces
- Classrooms and other academic areas
- Work areas will be supplied with disinfecting wipes or paper towels and disinfecting spray bottles for employees to use. Employees should contact their supervisor if they are in need of additional cleaning supplies.
Classrooms and Labs
- Custodial staff will conduct a on a daily basis in all occupied classroom and lab spaces in accordance with the DMACC Astra scheduling system.
- Facilities or Custodial services will provide disinfecting wipes or paper towels and disinfecting spray bottles, and hand sanitizer for faculty and student use in classrooms and computer labs. Faculty and students should clean and disinfect classroom and computer lab surfaces they have touched or plan to touch. Faculty should communicate to their supervisor if additional cleaning supplies are needed.
- Lab areas will be cleaned by faculty and staff as is directed under OSHA guidelines. OSHA guidelines are in place for lab spaces to minimize risk to faculty, students, staff, and equipment.
Buildings & Facilities
Facility Site Teams will ensure classroom/lab configuration and student/employee ratios are adjusted per social distance guidelines. Changes may include the following:
- Points of entry and exit are being clearly marked with signage
- Sneeze guards are installed in appropriate areas of the College.
Supervisor Evaluation of Work Environment
- Campus food services and other food and beverage vendors will be operating as the fall semester begins.
- Vending machines are available for employees and students.
Trail Point Aquatics & Wellness
Trail Point Aquatics & Wellness is open for students taking/paying for 6+ credits and members of the facility.
Signage has been created placed in appropriate locations by the
Facility Site Teams to help with navigation of DMACC facilities.
Get Vaccinated Poster
DMACC - Wear a Mask
Trail Point - Wear a Mask