For registration assistance, contact:
NEW HDD Circuit SM I (one-week course) - $3500/participant
The HDD Circuit SM I Training Program gets its name from the original HDD Circuit SM Training Program (renamed HDD Circuit SM II). This one week course is designed for the drill contractor looking to onboard and develop new employees into their Horizontal Directional Drilling business. The programs goal is lessen the time it takes to get someone competent on a drill crew while promoting internal career pathing thanks to its segmented training approach. Students can choose between on-rig operation or DCI locating tracts. Because both program utilizes the same content, you can rely on a superior end product this training program is known for.
- Classroom HDD, head tracking and bore planning fundamentals – segmented tracts
- Rig operators drill/mix mud for 6 bores
- Locators bore plan/locate 6 bores
- Vac/utility locating
Training schedule for HDD Circuit I – one week course
Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. -4:30 p.m. (Central Standard Time)
HDD Circuit SM II (two-week course) - $5500/participant
If you are a crew lead/supervisory role for a drill contractor or wanting to be more overall crossed trained in small to medium HDD rigs, the HDD Circuit SM II is what you are looking for. This two week program takes you through the fundamentals of HDD including safety, mud mixing, calculations, rig operation, bore planning, DCI head tracking, LWD and much more. Trust the experts and a proven 3-year track record, to help you get more out of your drill rig while utilizing industry best practices.
- Classroom HDD Fundamentals
- Head tracking and bore planning fundamentals
- Vac/utility locating training
- Learning Drill rig calibrations and adjustments
Training schedule for HDD Circuit II – two week course
First week – Monday through Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm (Central Standard Time)
Second week – Monday through Wednesday, 7:30am-4:30pm (Central Standard Time)
Last day – Thursday, 7:30am-4:30pm (Central Standard Time)
For more HDD program information:
Continuing Education Coordinator
DMACC has partnered with Vermeer to provide this multi-faceted training which will include actual drilling equipment operation and classroom time. The overall goal of the training will be to have crews operate safely and productively on an active job site.
Note - Students must be 18 years old by the first day of the course to enroll
This program has been approved to provide tuition assistance for veterans and other eligible persons in order to access GI Bill program benefits in Iowa.
Tuition and fees
The tuition fee covers the cost of classroom instruction, hands-on machine operation on HDD machines and some related HDD worksite equipment (locators, etc.).
- Cost of HDD CircuitSM I is three thousand five hundred dollars ($3,500) per trainee for the one (1) week course.
- Companies must enroll two students to complete the course together. One drill operator, one DCI locator.
- Cost of HDD CircuitSM II is five thousand five hundred dollars ($5,500) per trainee for the two (2) week course.
- Payment is required at the time of registration.
- This fee covers the curriculum instruction, materials and use of equipment.
- Lodging is not covered in the tuition price. Accommodation recommendations will be provided upon enrollment.
- Program provides lunch Monday through Friday.
- All necessary safety equipment is provided by Vermeer.
The cancellation policy of all HDD courses requires notification 2 weeks prior to class start date for a full refund. Any cancellations and transfers must be processed 14 days prior to the scheduled class start date to receive a full refund. If cancellation or transfer is made within the 14 days prior to the class starting, a 10% cancellation fee will apply. To make a change to your registration, please contact DMACC Registration at 515-256-4910.
For more information
Visit Vermeer's website.