July 20, 2018
FFA Enrichment Center on the DMACC Campus
1055 SW Prairie Trail Pkwy
Ankeny, IA 50023
Falls are a major threat to the health and independence of older adults. One out of every 27 Iowa residents aged 65 or older are hospitalized for a fall-related injury at an average cost of $26,388 ? but falls are not inevitable consequences of aging. Join the Iowa Falls Prevention Coalition for its fourth annual symposium and help us work toward developing a system that screens older Iowans for fall risks and makes referrals to appropriate evidence-based falls prevention programs that have been proven to significantly reduce the risk of falls and fall-related injuries.
- Iowa Statewide Fall Prevention Strategies, Kady Reese, MPH – CPHQ Program Lead, statewide Strategies Iowa Healthcare Collaborative
- NCOA toolkit, Chelsea Gilchrist - National Council on Aging
- Opioid Safety, Jarek Vetter, PharmD – Broadlawns Medical Center
- Stroke and Falls Education Prevention Program, Sara Schlegelmilch, LSW, CBIS – Chief Program Officer Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance
- Tai Chi, Kathy Mercuris
- Occupational Safety, Mike Whitmore, CHST – Safety Manager McGrough Construction
- Orthostatic Hypotension and Falls: Coincidence or Cause, Melanie House, DPT, NCS – University of Iowa
- Utilizing Assistive Technology for Fall Prevention, Kim Karwal – Assistive Technology Coordinator Easter Seals Iowa
- Helping Patients Manage Galls, Korey Kennelthy, PharmD, MS, PhD, BCGP – University of Iowa
This conference has been approved for 5.5 contact hours through IBON Approved Provider #22.
Are you interested in having a vendor booth at the 2018 Falls Prevention Symposium?
$100 fee includes:
6’ TABLE WITH 1 CHAIR
1 MEAL TICKET