Disrupt Aging Innovation Concept Challenge
The purpose of the Innovation Challenge is to foster creativity and seek out promising ideas to help solve the challenges of older residents face living as safely, independently and comfortably in their homes and communities as they age.
This challenge is open to students and adults, and anyone interested in developing innovative approaches, business concepts or tools/products that will:
- Eliminate generational barriers
- Increase social integration
- Improve the “livability” of the Central Iowa community for older populations
The Innovation Challenge is your opportunity to present a Business Concept for a product or service that can meet the objective of helping people 50+ live longer lives and improve the quality of life for everyone. For example, see this
Harvard Business Review Article.
Innovation Concept Challenge Details
- Must be at least 14 years old to enter.
- Enter by answering the 7 questions on the Innovation Concept Challenge form below. When describing your business idea, you (and your team) should answer each question in 300 words or less.
- Deadline for entries: Midnight, February 24, 2017
- Finalists announced during CiWeek 8, Thursday March 2, 2017
- Finalists will be paired with SCORE mentors to refine their ideas to present in a “Shark-Tank” style format on March 16, 2017.
Concept Challenge Prizes
Three cash prizes will be awarded, plus the first prize winner will also receive a three-hour DMACC class scholarship.
- First , $1,000 and scholarship for any DMACC course
- Second , $500
- Third , $250
First and second cash prizes are generously donated by
Edgewater, a WesleyLife Community.
The first place DMACC course scholarship was donated by
Third prize is generously donated by
Aging Resources of Central Iowa.