DMACC Campus Recreation offers fee-based personal training provided for you by nationally certified, qualified personal trainers. We take the responsibility for your training results seriously, so we have the following policies in place in order to accomplish this goal.
- Complete the New Client Personal Training Questionnaire.
- Return your completed form with a payment in the amount of $50 (cash, check, or credit card payable to Campus Recreation).
- This is a discounted pre-payment rate for the first two sessions only.
- Payment must accompany this form for a trainer to contact you.
- A personal trainer will call you within 48 hours to schedule your first two sessions.
- Sessions must be redeemed within 14 days of each other.
- If you wish to purchase more sessions, this can be done after your initial two sessions, depending on your desire to continue training and/or your trainer's recommendations.
*All sessions must be pre-paid.
- You can pay for the sessions with your trainer, or come to the Campus Recreation Center and make a payment at our front desk.
- After the initial two sessions, the cost per session is $35. No package or employee discounts. Currently enrolled DMACC students, faculty, and staff are eligible for personal training.
If you have any questions, please contact Andy Nelson, Campus Recreation Coordinator at (515) 964-6539.
Personal Training - FAQ
What is Fitness Testing?
- Fitness testing is important because it assists the trainer in knowing exactly how to help you achieve your fitness goals. This also helps the trainer identify health risks, previous injuries and other boundaries in designing a program that is right for you.
- Fitness testing takes about 45 minutes to complete. Once you leave, the trainer will plug your results into national normative data, and find out where you fall. This will assist him/her in making a training program appropriate for you.
- Your fitness testing session is considered your first session and you will be charged for one session or as one from your session package.
How much does it cost?
- Personal training sessions at DMACC are conveniently low priced for students, faculty, and staff. The average cost for a training session in central Iowa is $35 to $55 an hour. DMACC Campus Recreation charges Students, Faculty/Staff, and other eligible participants only $35 a session. DMACC Campus Recreation accepts cash, checks (made payable to DMACC Campus Recreation), and all major credit cards.
- Under no circumstances are personal trainers to accept money independently for training sessions that occur on the DMACC Campus Recreation property.
It is forbidden for trainers other than those hired by DMACC Campus Recreation to perform individualized, one-on-one or small group personal training for financial gain in the DMACC Campus Recreation facility, or for unauthorized training to occur in the DMACC Campus Recreation Center.
Strength training is the use of resistance to muscular contraction to build the strength, anaerobic endurance, and size of skeletal muscles.