Learning to weld isn't an easy task. DMACC is partnering with Vermeer to provide this hands-on, in-demand 120 hour Welding for Manufacturing training course to prepare you for a career as a production welder. This scholarship program began in 2012, and has trained over 75 successful welders.
Application Deadline is January 11, 2018
Apply for this scholarship training program
Two-day Application Selection Process
Required Orientation and Assessment: Wednesday, January 24, 2018
Appointments Available from 1:30 - 5 pm or 5 pm - 8:30 pm
Simulator and Interview: Thursday, January 25, 2018
from 5 pm - 8 pm
- February 5 - April 21, 2018
- Mondays & Wednesdays, 5 pm - 9 pm
- Every other Saturday, 7 am - 1 pm
Download Printable Flyer
“A career in welding provides tremendous opportunities. There is an immediate need for skilled welders right now, and by the end of the decade there will be a need for almost 240,000 new and replacement welding professionals nationally.”
David Landon, Vermeer Corporation, AWS Vice President
Welding is an occupation with growth. Welding is changing, it is adapting, dynamic, and challenging. It applies new knowledge and scientific principles, and it constantly is expanding its frontiers.
Production welding requires more than pulling a trigger. Advanced manufacturing demands that a welder be skilled in both MIG welding and fabrication. Therefore, DMACC is utilizing Vermeer endorsed curriculum that in addition to welding includes blueprint reading, fabrication, and safe operation of powered hand tools.
- Requires strong shop math skills (Basic arithmetic with strong emphasis on fractions).
- Requires talent. Welding is an art and a technical craft. Production expectations for welders is demanding.
- Poor sight is often an obstacle. Make sure your corrective lenses are up to date.
- Profession is physically demanding and hot.
Full tuition is available for those that meet the enrollment requirements and are
selected to participate in the training.
1210 E Vermeer Road,
Pella, IA 50219