- What is the Workforce Training Academy?
The Workforce Training Academy provides tuition funding for approved Continuing Education certificate training programs in occupations that have been identified as high-growth, high-demand in our region. These areas include:
- Business/Information Technology
- Manufacturing/Industrial Manufacturing
- Health Care Occupations
Most non-credit certificate programs are not eligible for federal financial aid. The Workforce Training Academy tuition assistance program bridges the funding gap for students pursuing short-term training.
- What Employment Resources are available through Workforce Training Academy?
Personal coaching is available to assist with job readiness, job seeking, resume preparation, job interviewing, placement, and retention. Bi-monthly workshops are offered for professional development, career advancement, and job transition.
- Do I need a GED or a High School Diploma to go participate in WTA?
Yes. An individual is required to have a GED or High School Diploma in order to access basic WTA Services.
- Will I have to pay back funds?
No. These programs are federally funded and do not require re-payment. Funds may be available to partner with you in the cost of reaching your career goal.
- What are other welding programs to consider?
We also have additional welding sections at the DMACC Southridge Center for you to consider.