Trail Point Aquatics and Wellness Center
This center (open to the public for memberships) is available to all DMACC Students and
free to DMACC students taking at least six credits.
The new facility includes:
- an 8-lane competition swimming pool in partnership with Ankeny Schools,
- a zero-entry family pool with water feature and extra swim lanes,
- a therapy pool,
- private exercise and cycling studios,
- state-of-the-art exercise and strength training equipment,
- three racquetball courts,
- a 10th of a mile track that overlooks the two gymnasiums,
- two full-sized basketball courts,
- child care services available while members are on-site and utilizing the facility.
Revenue generated from public memberships will cover the cost of operations and then be reinvested in other DMACC projects.
For DMACC students, this facility:
- Provides greater opportunities for engagement in student life and wellness offerings which, studies show, leads to higher retention and better grades.
- Contributes to DMACC's overall mission of providing quality, student-centered education and training through incorporating hands-on experiential learning opportunities for a range of academic programs.
- Promote student recruitment, retention and persistence through the availability of on-campus employment opportunities.
- Increases community partnerships, including partnership with Ankeny Community School District, bringing people of all ages onto the Ankeny Campus to participate in a variety of programs and services.
The DMACC student activities center is the Ankeny Campus’ premier location to study, attend class, attend culture events, work on class projects, buy your books, eat and just relax with friends – part of a healthy life/balance plan.
The DMACC Student Center
- Food court (Serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) (Discounts to students)
- Leaning Tower of Pizza
(Monday-Friday, 10 am-2 pm &
4 pm - 8 pm)*hours subject to change
- Maid Rite
(Monday-Thursday, 10 am-7 pm & Friday 10 am-4 pm)
(Open Monday-Friday, 8 am-7 pm)
- Cafe X- An Experimental Drink Lab located near Trail Point entrance
(Open Monday-Friday, 7:30 am-5 pm)
- Pool tables
- TV Lounge
- Black box theater
- Study space
- Private meeting rooms
- Courtyard and outdoor seating area
- Clubs and student activities
- Veterans Lounge
- Honors Lounge