This center (open to the public for memberships) is available to all DMACC Students and
free to DMACC students taking at least six credits.
The new facility includes:
- an 8-lane competition swimming pool in partnership with Ankeny Schools,
- a zero-entry family pool with water feature and extra swim lanes,
- a therapy pool,
- private exercise and cycling studios,
- state-of-the-art exercise and strength training equipment,
- three racquetball courts,
- a 10th of a mile track that overlooks the two gymnasiums,
- two full-sized basketball courts,
- child care services available while members are on-site and utilizing the facility.
Revenue generated from public memberships will cover the cost of operations and then be reinvested in other DMACC projects.
For DMACC students, this facility:
- Provides greater opportunities for engagement in student life and wellness offerings which, studies show, leads to higher retention and better grades.
- Contributes to DMACC's overall mission of providing quality, student-centered education and training through incorporating hands-on experiential learning opportunities for a range of academic programs.
- Promote student recruitment, retention and persistence through the availability of on-campus employment opportunities.
- Increases community partnerships, including partnership with Ankeny Community School District, bringing people of all ages onto the Ankeny Campus to participate in a variety of programs and services.