DMACC uses various technologies to collect information for Application, Registration, Financial Aid, Student Services, Enrollment Services, Trail Point, Employment etc.
DMACC may change this Policy from time to time by updating this web page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you know the most current version. You are deemed to agree with the terms of the Policy as published on the website, as it may get modified. This Policy became effective 1st May, 2021.
Lawful Basis for Collecting and Processing Personal Data
DMACC is an institution of higher education that offers courses to undergraduate and continuing education students, conducts academic and sponsored research, and participates in various college engagement activities. Human Resources, Admissions, Student Services and other departments collect, process and use Personal Data for the purposes of business and to review admissions, employment and other applications, on behalf of DMACC. Many other departments do likewise to serve their students, employees and clients.
DMACC’s lawful basis for collecting and processing personal data include the following:
- Processing is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by DMACC in providing critical hiring, recruitment, enrollment, and education information for programs provided by DMACC, and in conduction of College business.
- By providing data to DMACC, all persons and entities are deemed to consent for the processing of their Personal Data for one or more specific purposes intended by the submission.
Types of Personal Data Collected/Processed and Purpose
DMACC collects the following categories of Personal Data in order to conduct College business:
- Contact information including, but not limited to, email address, physical address, phone number, and other location data
- Unique personal identifiers and biographical information (e.g. data of birth, social security number, etc.)
- Details of education and/or employment qualifications
- Information related to visa requirements, copies of passports and other documents to ensure compliance with U.S. laws
- Financial information gathered for the purposes of verifying eligibility for study in the United States
- Information related to the prevention and detection of crime and the protection of employees, students and visitors to DMACC
The Personal Data collected may be shared with DMACC offices and academic departments for purposes including but not limited, to academic and personal evaluation, planning, financial aid processing and billing, payment, scholarship awarding, visa processing and enrollment reporting/verification.
If you have specific questions regarding the collection and use of your Personal Data, please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or, call our tech support @ 1800-362-2127 Select 5 and dial Ext 7300
If a Person(Data Subject) refuses to provide Personal Data that DMACC requires in connection with one of the lawful basis for collecting such Personal Data, such refusal may make it impossible for DMACC to provide education, employment, research or the requested service.
Where DMACC gets Personal and Sensitive Personal Data
DMACC receives personal and sensitive Personal Data from multiple sources. Most often, DMACC gets this data directly from an individual, or under the direction of the Data Subject, who has provided it to a third party.
Individual Rights of the Data Subject
In addition to the right to receive the information provided in this privacy notice, Data Subjects covered by this privacy notice have the right to:
- Request from DMACC access to and rectification or erasure of Personal Data or restriction of processing concerning the Data Subject, the right to object to processing and the right to portability of Personal Data;
- Where processing is based upon consent, to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting DMACC's right to process Personal Data based upon consent before its withdrawal;
- For European Citizens, as per GDPR the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority appointed by an EU member state for the purpose of receiving complaints;
- Additional notice of the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling;
- If the Personal Data is going to be further processed for a purpose other than that for which it was collected, then notice of the purpose and basis for the further processing;
- If Personal Data is collected for legitimate interests or for a task carried out in the public interest, then that Data Subject has the right to object, on the grounds of his or her particular situation, to the processing of Personal Data concerning him or her (including profiling);
- Where Personal Data are processed for direct marketing purposes, the right to object at any time to processing Personal Data concerning him or her for such marketing; and,
- Not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him or her or similarly significantly affects him or her; provided, however, that this right does not apply if the decision is: (a) necessary for entering into, or performance of, a contract between the Data Subject and DMACC; or, (b) is based upon the Data Subject's consent.
Note: Exercising these rights guarantees access to a process but does not guarantee any particular outcome.
Any Data Subject who wishes to exercise any of the above-mentioned rights may do so by filing such requests with email@example.com. Or, call our Tech Support @ 1800-362-2127 Select 5 and dial Ext 7300